7655 questions

9090 answers

14649 comments

12036 members

+1 vote
173 views 3 comments
by
We are trying to power a RUTX11 with a 30w POE+ switch and it won’t power it up. We have tried on our RUT950 also which also would not power up. This is after we started with a 15w switch. Are there further requirements we need to meet to boot the router with POE? Many thanks in advance.
by
I have already had 2 of my  RUTX11 units fail powering them up vis the POE port.

I used passive POE injectors, 12v 1a.

Is there a specific designed POE adapter for this product?  I need POE in the application I use.

1 Answer

0 votes
by
Hi,

Have you read this wiki article?: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/wikibase/index.php?title=RUTX11_Powering_Options&mobileaction=toggle_view_desktop#Passive_PoE

That is all the information you need to know about PoE on the device. Main points why your RUTX11 could be not powering up:

1. You're using a cable that doesn't have DC on the right pins. (check wiki).

2. You're directly pushing less or more than 9-50VDC through Passive PoE without any injector working in the middle.

3. Make sure you're not directly connecting from a switch that is IEEE 802.3at and IEEE 802.3af-2003 standard.

4. Make sure you're connecting PoE power cable to LAN1.

EB.
by
It would be great to have a list maintained by Teltonika of compatible PoE injectors and switches.
by
Anything will do if they look compatible from their description. Please refer to user reviews as your recommendation.

EB.