FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
248 views 2 comments
by anonymous

Hello, i'm trying to set up gre tunnel between two RUT950 according to this manual but it doesn't seem to be working for me. Could you please provide me some help? Both routers have sim cards with public IPs. Here is my config:

Router 1

Router 2

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

I have just configured GRE tunnel between two RUT9 devices myself and everything works as expected. Ping from 10.0.0.1 to 10.0.0.2 goes through by default, have you tried ping virtual IP's?

I suppose you are trying to ping the 192.168.2.1 router from 192.168.1.1. In this case you also need to set static routes:

Best regards.

by anonymous
I also tried to ping virtual ips and got no reply from them.
by anonymous

Well, it is strange, the only thing I did that differs from your configuration is Routing settings: 

And also, I added static routes as I mentioned before. Which firmware version are you using? If it is not the latest RUT9XX_R_00.06.07.4, please upgrade it without keeping any router settings. Sometimes router reboot helps, when it comes to VPN tunnel creation.

Best regards.