FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
295 views 3 comments
by

Hi,

I'm attempting to enable SNMPv3 on an RUT950 and, while doing nothing different than I've done on others I own, I'm getting a Lua error.

/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:217: Failed to execute function dispatcher target for entry '/admin/services/snmp'.
The called action terminated with an exception:
/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:217: Failed to execute cbi dispatcher target for entry '/admin/services/snmp/snmp-settings'.
The called action terminated with an exception:
/usr/lib/lua/luci/cbi.lua:71: Datatype error, bad token "credentials_validate"
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'assert'
/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:217: in function 'dispatch'
/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:93: in function </usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:93>

Is there a way around this? Thanks.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Could you please tell me what firmware version are you using and if it's older than the latest one - have you tried updating it? Have you tried resetting the router? How did you try to turn it on, through WebUI or used specific commands?

EB.
by
It's running FW ver.: RUT9XX_R_00.06.06.1 which I believe is not the latest but it's pretty close.

I tried enabling SNMPv3 using the WebUI, it's already enabled for v1 and v2, so I'm just changing a dropdown option and hitting submit.

I shall try rebooting the device and trying again.

Thanks,

Daniel
by anonymous
I would recommend updating the firmware first, I believe it should fix your issue.

EB.
by
Rebooting the device did not solve the issue sadly, still get the same error.

I'm wary to update to the latest firmware as we lose the network operator name while using roaming SIMs. This is a different issue I've already raised to the technical team.

If the only fix is updating the firmware then I'll have to wait before I can use v3.

Thanks,

Daniel