FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
164 views 2 comments
by
Hi,
We use a RUT240

Our 4G contract is 5GB. Before the end of the month, we used all the 5GB so after the 5GB we're in 'Limited rate', router continues to work

The following month, the contract is renewed and we get 5GB again. Nevetheless, the connection speed in the product connected to RUT240 is the same as when we're in limited rate

We need to reboot RUT240 so we get full speed.

It seems that RUT240 does not re-open a connection with 4G provider so it is locked in limited rate

Do you know what we could do? Or could you do a release that fix the problem?

I don't know the firmware version of this router since it's on production, how do I get it from rms.teltonika-networks.com ?

Thanks,

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

We had situations like that when the prepaid card plan was all used and connection within our product modems has been set to underperform from the operator's side, but every time the prepaid card was paid again - it would reestablish the normal connection.

If you have issues, it might be that operators need reconnection from your side to restart the plan. A restart of the modem should do the trick without restarting whole RUT240.

Regarding RMS and firmware version - in the right corner of RMS, when you have device list opened, select a Device information filter:

After it's selected - it will show you FW of the devices in the list.

EB.

Best answer
by
Thanks for your answer!

How restart the modem without restarting whole RUT240 when I have no access to the device apart from RMS?
by anonymous

Through RMS you can create a Device CLI link to your device. Once you're in CLI, execute /etc/init.d/modem restart and your device will restart the modem.

EB.