FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
661 views 18 comments
by anonymous
Hi all I have zerotier installed on my router and i can access the router web browser from a remote computer. I cant seem to ping any of the devices on the lan side of my router from the remote computer. I can however ping the router itself. I have added port forwarding for the device but still no luck. Is there any other settings that must be changed in the router?

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Are you trying to ping the main router that you're pinging other devices through? Why not use the local IP address instead?

If that's not what you're trying to do, please explain your question in more detail.

EB.
by anonymous

Hi @ErnestasB

Thank for the reply.

I have got a laptop connected to the teltonika router through the zerotier network.

On the router side i have a PLC connected with IP address 192.168.192.10.

The router IP address is 192.168.192.1 and the zerotier network i am using IP address 10.147.17.

I have added the managed route "192.168.192.0/24 via 10.147.17.12"

Thus i can ping the router at 192.168.192.1 but not the PLC at 192.168.192.10

Hope this makes sense.

by anonymous
1. Have you done this on a clean set-up?

2. Were there any changes made to the firewall before you tried setting up zerotier?

3. Can you ping other devices in your LAN except for the PLC?

4. Can you ping other router devices on LAN?

EB.
by anonymous
1) Yes it was a clean setup

2) Nothing before but I tried to add a port forward to the PLC IP address from zero to LAN but that didn't work.

3) No I cant ping any other devices.

4) I haven't added another router I have only one router connected.

If I connect the laptop to the switch where the router and PLC is connected I can then ping the PLC.
by anonymous
Could you please provide a screenshot of ZeroTier central managed routes and devices connected to it?

Also, you could try deleting the current network and setting managed routes again, your way of setting them up is correct - they should reach inner LAN /24 through virtual IP given by zerotier.

It could be that operator isn't allowing VPN, so make sure you have the service enabled in their system.

EB.
by anonymous

Should I delete the complete network or only the managed routes?

by anonymous
Whole network.

Also, what I've managed to find is that your main LAN route 10.147.17.0 is not the one that ZeroTier creates by default.

In this post I gave an example to the other user: https://community.teltonika-networks.com/27018/struggling-with-zerotier-routing-on-trb140?show=27018#q27018

And the main route was 172.25.0.0/16, so yours should be 10.147.0.0/16. Try to check that, maybe newly created network will change that.

EB.
by anonymous

The IP range 10.147.17.0 is from the auto assign in zerotier.

by anonymous
Do your routers have different subnets? 192.168.192.0 and there should be something different like 192.168.10.0.

This could also lead to conflict between more than two LAN networks sharing the same subnet.

Also, if there are more than two routers in the VPN - add their routes too in the central.

EB.
by anonymous
Im now confused, hahaha

There is only one Teltonika router that i am connecting to.

The laptop is connect to my home network witch is on the range 192.168.0.*
by anonymous
In this case, check if your laptop does not have anything in its firewall blocked, easiest way to check this would be just disabling the firewall entirely.

If this doesn't help - could we try a remote session?

EB.
by anonymous
Should there be any port forwarding in the Teltonika router at all?
by anonymous

Try to turn these all off.

EB.

by anonymous
And no, you don't need any port forwardings during ZeroTier configuration.

EB.
by anonymous
Ok still the same no luck with ping.

I had the same issue a while ago when using Dynamic DNS to do remote connection and there was some route you had to add to allow the ping now sure if that could be the case?
by anonymous
No, It shouldn't be the issue. Would you be willing to do a remote session so I could look into what's going on in there?

For that, I would require you to have AnyDesk software for remote connection and external internet so I wouldn't get disconnected on configuration changes.

EB.
by anonymous
I am going into a meeting now can we do it a bit later?
by anonymous
If it's possible for you, we could arrange that for tomorrow. Please private message me with the time that suits you, just convert it to Lithuanian time if you can.

Thank you.

EB.
by anonymous
Hi EB

I managed to sort it out.

I forgot to add a gateway to the PLC so that why I couldn't find it. HAHAHA

Thank you for all your help it is greatly appreciated.
0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

I have a similar issue (not sure I should create a new post or reply this one...) :

There is a RUT-240 with a valid zerotier access. Most of the RUT settings are default ones, except LAN and WAN ip addresses and admin password.
The RUT WAN port is linked to an internet provider ADSL router (the "box").
The RUT LAN is linked to a Bacnet controler "Eclypse".
The customer's PC has an internet access through his mobile phone 4G connection. Its zerotier ip address is 192.168.191.157
"box" Lan : 192.168.2.254/24
RUT Wan : 192.168.2.1/24
RUT Lan : 192.168.1.1/24
RUT zerotier : 192.168.191.33/24
"Eclypse" : 192.168.1.10/24
From the customer's PC, we can ping the RUT zerotier ip, but we can't ping the Eclypse. We have tried to disable the firewall, but it didn't help.