FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
578 views 4 comments
by anonymous

I'm trying to connect a RS442 device with 5 wires (Tx+, Tx-, Rx+, Rx-, GND) to the RS485 port in the RUT955, following the straightforward approach (connecting Tx as Dx) and is not working: 

It is a simple layout with just one device directly connected to the RS485 port. I have not yet tried with any terminations, as I don't know if they are necessary, as suggested in the wiki. How can this be achieved? Thank you in advance!

1 Answer

+1 vote
by anonymous

Hi,

It is rare that someone comes with RS422 device, so I had to do some research. I found a scheme that shows a typical wiring for RS422, could you please try connecting your device like that?

EB.

Best answer
by anonymous

Thank you very much for your answer! I have added a little more information to the question. I have just seen your image and realised that I should be crossing Dx with Rx...

Sometimes we just miss the basics laugh I will try and let you know.

by anonymous
Hi! The configuration is still not working... do I have to include the 100 ohm resistor proposed in the wiki?
by anonymous
Hi,

We tested the wiring that I provided to you and it's working, could you please check these things?

- If your RS485 is enabled in WebUI, because it's disabled by default.

- Check your RS422 device configuration, RUT955 RS422/485 port can only work in 8 data bits and 1 stop bit. So make sure it's all set-up accordingly from both sides.

EB.
by anonymous
I have reviewed the configuration of the device and now it works :) Thank you for your support!