FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
566 views 9 comments
by
Hi there

We are trying to set up the above device is a serial server, we have configured the serial server to be on port 20000, we can connect to this port using putty, and a connection is established; however nothing is outputted to the serial interface.

This seems like its basically fool proof; so I cant see what we could be doing wrong; but any ideas are most welcome.

I had found some info within this forum that said you can see what is getting sent/received on the serial port using cat /dev/rs232.  When cat this file, nothing is outputted.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

If you could describe the steps you did to configure the device as a serial server, I would like to try to test it out.

Also, are you sure you are setting the device correctly? When you mentioned serial server, I imagined you would use COM ports to connect to the device instead of TCP/UDP ports.

Regards.
by

Hi 

The configuration is the following:

This is then connected to a serial device, that is configured as 9600 8,n,1.

We have a serial diagnostic board in the path with LED lights that flash when there is traffic. When the device connected to the Teltonika device transmits any data, it is received by the Teltonika, and transmitted back to the serial device, but is not passed to the tcp sessions as expected.

Likewise any traffic that is received in the tcp session is not passed to the serial port.

by

Above is a screenshot

by anonymous

I looked into your configuration and indeed there is nothing wrong with it, are you sure your other device is sending data correctly (you mentioned that cat /dev/rs232 does not have any information inside, which means it did not receive anything)? Maybe you have more teltonika devices and could check if they can establish communication between themselves?

by
That is the issue, i dont believe the serial port works on this device.

I have reconfigured the serial port as a console serial port.  I believe I should now beable to access a shell via the serial port.  However I cant access anything.  Each key I press is echoed back to me via the serial interface.
by anonymous

Which firmware version you are using on your TRB245? If it is not the latest one, please install a new one: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/TRB245_Firmware_Downloads

Also, please configure your TRB245 RS232 serial in console mode, then try using a terminal like PuTTY. Do not forget to set terminal settings exactly the same way as RS232 and make sure you are using the correct COM port:

Then once you see the black terminal window, insert ATE or ATE1 command and check if it works now.

Regards.

by
Hi, we are running TRB2_R_00.02.05.2.

I have tried entering both ATE [enter] and ATE1 [enter]  

No change with either of them
by anonymous
So far it is really, weird. Please install latest the latest FW: TRB2_00_02.06 without keeping your device configuration. Then set up again and check. If that does not work, send me the troubleshoot file via private message. You can download troubleshoot by navigating System > Administration > Troubleshot.
by anonymous
Hi

I have upgraded to the latest software, and still have the same issue.  I have sent the information requested via a PM.
by anonymous
Have also tested with a TRB255 - which also has the same issues with the serial port.