FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
232 views 2 comments
by anonymous

Hi There!

I'm using RUTX09 with a single 4G SIM in bridged mode. I can no longer connect to RUTX09 via a manual IP address on a MacBook via ethernet cable. It works fine from a PC but not from a MacBook. RUT is set to 192.168.1.1 but no matter which IP I give the MacBook within the same subnet I get a conflict error message saying Another device on the network is using your computer’s IP address (192.168.1.11)

Any ideas as I need to use the MacBook for offsite connections?

Thanks!

Nic.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

1. Check if there are no other network adapters on your MacBook that would use the same IP address or subnet.

2. Try setting subnet for LAN to something different - 192.168.2.1 for example and let DHCP server give addresses in 192.168.2.100 - 192.168.2.X range.

3. Try using passthrough mode instead of bridge.

EB.
by anonymous
Thanks for the answers - appreciate the help.

1 - There are no other adapters and nothing on the network with the same subnet. The MacBook's WiFi is turned off.

2 - I can't alter anything like that as the the modem is live

Pretty sure that version of the firmware does not support passthrough but only bridge.  The firmware had to be rolled back due to a bug in the bridge mode functionality.  Perhaps it is fixed now but I'm not sure I want to try! But again, modem is live and can't be taken down until much later.

This is really odd and I just can't understand what is going on! :(
by anonymous
Could you maybe check then if your MacBook doesn't have anything that could be releasing IP addresses that were assigned? Or anything else that could interrupt the functionality. As it is only happening with the MacBook, it is worth looking at its settings.

EB.