FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,027 views 4 comments
by
Hi,

thanks for a great product, I want to ask you how to setup the WIFI on a RUTX11 so that my laptop can connect to the internet. Today I have WIFI connection but no internet. I know that the router have 4G connection because it shares it through the LAN port to the TV.

Best regards

Mattias

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Everything that you need to know on how to set-up the wireless access point on your RUTX11 is explained here: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUTX11_Wireless#Summary

If you have a 4G connection available and working already - it should be no hassle configuring the wireless functionality on the router.

EB.
by

Thanks, have look through the manual as you mentioned but can't solve the internet issu. I have a Mikrotik mant 19s antenna, the spec is 5,17-5,825 GHz, dual-polarization 19dBi 120 degree beamwidth antenna with two RP-SMA connectors connected to the RUTX11 both wifi outlets. 
Could this cause compability problem?

My point is that the setup should just be up and running as you told but something is causing the problem.

by anonymous
I would recommend resetting your device to factory default settings and trying again. As you said - it should be up and running out of the box, so going back to default settings should do the trick.

If after resetting you're still unable to browse the internet through wifi, please check if you have a connection when connected through LAN or just ping 8.8.8.8 address through CLI and see if ping is successful.

EB.
by

made the changes, everything looks good but no ping connection. Uncertain about if there is any hardware problems, is this ok signal values?

by anonymous
Signal values aren't great and close to losing connection at all. Could you also take a screenshot of the mobile network status so I could see more than your signal?

EB.