FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
227 views 1 comments
by anonymous

Hi

We have a couple of TRB2*5 devices, both are trying to connect to 3.120.7.82 on port 5000 every 30 seconds or so.

I have found other similar posts within the forums, that suggest disabling RMS - however we already have RMS disabled.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

The connections you are seeing are not to RMS, but to our FOTA server. This connection can occur every time you open the System -> Firmware -> Update firmware page if you have FOTA enabled as the device automatically checks if there is a newer firmware version on our Firmware Over The Air server. This can be disabled in System -> Firmware -> FOTA configuration. If after disabling you are still getting this unwanted connection, please let me know and I will look further into this issue.
Best answer
by anonymous

Thanks.  That appears to of fixed it.  Can I run my own FOTA server?  ie not public web server?