FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+2 votes
410 views 9 comments
by anonymous
Good evening,

I successfully defined me as recepient in the email configuration and test mails arrive as desired. But neither a succesful authentication at the WebUI, nor a reboot or config change is detected correct, no email comes...actual version of firmware is installed.

I connect to my rutx11 via dyndns and can logon and so on. It is connected via 4G.

Any idea?

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Check for lenght of Subject for mail.

I found out, there is limit for Subject to max 26 characters. This limit is not applied for Test mail, so Test mail can work.

Or deeper debug can be found at my answer
https://community.teltonika-networks.com/28900/rut2xx-events-reporting-not-sending-emails

Best answer
by
Hello Vojtech,

thank you for your support.

I changed the length of the subject to 20 characters ("Max-RUTX11 Anmeldung") and (got immediately the testmail after pressing send testmail) pressed save and apply.

Then I rebootet the device and logged on to the WebUI: no mail...

Then I changed from "WebUI" event to event "reboot" and rebootet the device twice; no mail.

best regards,

Peter
by
Hello again,

I changed the subject to a subject without spaces and less then 26 characters: "Max-RUTX11-Anmeldung" and got a mail!

THAT is the problem...no spaces allowed in subject and the 26 characters, I guess.

Now it works, you may close the file.
by anonymous
I'm using spaces with no problem, but on RUT240. If this helped, you can click this answer as best solution, it is green tick.
0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Have you updated to the last firmware version available?

Have you tried resetting your router to factory defaults?

If after this you still encounter the issue, please prepare reproducing steps so I could test it myself.

EB.
by
Hi,

yes, the latest firnmware from december is installed and I also resetted the router to factory defaults. It's brand new.

We can make a remote session on my router and i show you the problem.

Best regards,

Peter
by anonymous
by anonymous
In this case, please send me the time via private message that would be best for you tomorrow for the remote session. Keep in mind that Lithuanian time is different, so convert it or define your time zone next to the time.

EB.
by anonymous
Any new info about this problem?
by
Hi,

no, Ernestas checked it via remote session with me and since then I'm waiting on any solution / comment.

Best regards,

Peter
by anonymous
Thank for reply. In my case, I found out, there is limit for Subject to 26 characters (not applied for Test mail).

Or deeper debug can be found at my answer

https://community.teltonika-networks.com/28900/rut2xx-events-reporting-not-sending-emails