FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
391 views 6 comments
by anonymous
Hi All:

We have RUT950 units with FW ver.: RUT9XX_R_00.06.07.

We are using GRE over IPSec to a Cisco router. We are binding the GRE tunnel and IPSec tunnel to a tap interface on the router. Here is the /etc/rc.local file:

root@JohnTestRTU950:~# cat /etc/rc.local

# Put your custom commands here that should be executed once

# the system init finished. By default this file does nothing.

ip tuntap add name tap0 mode tap

ip addr add 2.2.2.89/32 brd + dev tap0

#/etc/init.d/ipsec restart

exit 0

Here is the problem:

If I power cycle the RUT950, the tunnel comes up perfect.

If I reboot from the webUI, the ssh console or SMS, the IPSec comes up to the Cisco and the GRE tunnel says it comes up but no traffic flows. This situation stays until I power cycle, then it works again.

On the Cisco I watch the IPSec SA disappear after the restart and then come back when the unit is up but if its a reboot, data never flows. If its a power cycle it does.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

john
by anonymous
The solution is to uncomment that /etc/init.d/ipsec restart command.

That fixes it.....sometimes

I put in a sleep(5) between the interface definition and the ipsec restart.....testing

Cheers,

john

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
This is not fixed.
by anonymous
ok, its the static routing table.......

working on it.

So, if I reboot by entering "reboot" from the CLI or a ssh console, it reboots and the tunnels come up every time.

If I reboot from the WebUI, its 6/10 that the IPSec will come up but no traffic will flow.

So what is the difference between rebooting from the webUI and the ssh console?

Cheers,

john
by anonymous
I've done more testing.....

Rebooting from the webUI is definitely different from sms reboot and reboot from the ssh console.

Can someone explain the diffeerence?

Cheers,

john
by anonymous
Hello.

In both cases, when the device boots, the custom scripts will be executed in the same way.

Best regards.
by anonymous
That's not what our test data shows.

Cheers,

john
by anonymous

For clarity, you can add the "echo" command to your script, use the "logread" command after rebooting, in both cases you will see the echo command output, I also tested this and made sure there was no difference.