FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
261 views 3 comments
by
I upgraded my TRB142 from FW TRB1420_R_00.01.06.1 to TRB_R_00.02.05.2

After that I can not select the System Setting RS232 Serial Type Modem any more.

We have programed our entire security warning in our devices over this Modem setting. Is there a possibility to restore the old FW?

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

2.6 firmware will have modem mode available for selection in RS232 page. Release of 2.6 firmware for TRB devices should come out in 1 or 2 weeks.

Going back to older firmware then 2.X will require fastboot flashing, which if it's done incorrectly can brick your device. So I would really suggest waiting for those few weeks while the firmware is prepared for release.

EB.
Best answer
by
Do you have a clear relese date of 2.6? We can not wait any longer as our development gets stucked without the modem function. Otherwise we have to switch to a competitor solution.
by anonymous
Unfortunately, I do not have a clear release date for it.

EB.
0 votes
by anonymous

A null modem is a communication method to directly connect two DTEs (computer, terminal, printer, refractor telescope for beginners here, etc.) using an RS-232 serial cable. The name stems from the historical use of RS-232 cables to connect two teleprinter devices or two modems in order to communicate with one another; null modem communication refers to using a crossed-over RS-232 cable to connect the teleprinters directly to one another without the modems. It is also used to serially connect a computer to a printer, since both are DTE, and is known as a Printer Cable.

by
This is not the answer to my question!

With the new FW it is not possible to select the type Modem any more. How can I run the TRB142 in Modem mode?