FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
554 views 0 comments
by

I buyed a Teltonika GSM Router RUT950. 

I need to make a setup for a remote access to a device connected, but we faced a issue with it. 

Setup made:

- received public IP address (100.***.***.***)

- configured ddns (no-ip)

- configured port forwarding

Issue:

- cannot reach any device connected to the router

- when pinging the device connected on his public ip, the device is unreachable. 

- on ping the teltonica routers public wan address, the host is also unreachable. 

So, the setup needed is verry simple. I need to connect to serval devices, on TCP protocol, on port 4002 to read the status of the device. 

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

Things to ensure.

1. Is that IP really public and not private?

2. Can you reach your device without Dynamic DNS by just pinging or entering the device WebUI from external network using that IP?

3. Have you port forwarded external network to be forward to local IP and port 80 or enabled Enabled remote control access in System > Administration > Access Control

4. Have you updated your device to the latest firmware available?

EB.

0 votes
by
check you real IP visible on the net. If it's different from the IP adress given by your modem, You don't have any solution (the provider gave you a LAN IP on his proper network and use a router to acces the net).