FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,967 views 1 comments
by
I need to be able to turn the mobile connection on and off using the digital input (and possibly SMS).

It seems possible to turn the WiFi on and off but not the 3G/4G connection,

Is this true? If so why as 3G/4G is a bigger security risk.

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

In your case, you could simply create two configuration profiles on the router (from "System -> Profiles" menu) and then switch between them when necessary. One profile could have disabled Mobile (3G/4G) connection (by either having incorrect APN set up, or have Mobile interface not enabled in "Network -> WAN" menu), while another one could be without any restrictions.

Then you could configure Digital input rule in "Services -> Input/Output -> Input" menu, so that router would switch its configuration profile once input is activated:

You could also create another rule, so that router switch to another profile once input is no longer active.

You would also be able to switch these profiles via SMS messages using "<router's password> pr <profile name>" SMS command, example: "admin01 pr profile1". However, take note, that depending on your configuration, digital input might interfere and switch profile back to the main one. To avoid that, you could use "admin01 mobileoff" / "admin01 mobileon" SMS commands instead to disable/enable mobile data connections.

Best answer
by
Hello,

I have a very similar same application. I want to switch over the input signal, whether the mobile connection with SIM-card should be used or not.

But unfortunately the solution does not work for me. I have created two profiles: "withmobileconnection" and "nomobileconnection". In profile without mobile data I have entered a wrong APN. If switch the profiles in the Profile menu, the mobile data connection will not be established (if it was off) or terminated (if it was on). I have to restart the modem to apply the change of the profile settings. How can I proceed, so that the profile change has a direct effect?

I use the RUTX11 with the last Firmware (RUTX_R_00.01.06)

Thank You!
0 votes
by
Hello,

I have a very similar same application. I want to switch over the input signal, whether the mobile connection with SIM-card should be used or not.

But unfortunately the solution does not work for me. I have created two profiles: "withmobileconnection" and "nomobileconnection". In profile without mobile data I have entered a wrong APN. If I switch the profiles in the Profile menu, the mobile data connection will not be established (if it was off) or terminated (if it was on). I have to restart the modem to apply the change of the profile settings. How can I proceed, so that the profile change has a direct effect?

I use the RUTX11 with the last Firmware (RUTX_R_00.01.06)

Can anybody give me support?

Thank You!