FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
695 views 7 comments
by anonymous
Good morning

I've read FAQs but I'v not found the answer.

The router worked very well using SIM Card Wind3 for one month. It is very powerful and it is able to catch a lower phone signal.

But suddenly simply stopped working.

At the moment, SIM inside RUT240 is connected to the line and is exchanging packets (I can see the status) but the computer linked to it cannot surf on internet.

I put the SIM in a phone and it works. I changed the SIM inside the RUT240 (a different service providers - TIM) and it does not work in the in the same way as Wind3

I link the router through the wan port to the internet provider in my office and it works very well.

I cannot understand the reason why RUT240 stopped to work using the SIM card

No change were made, nothing strange happened. No thunderbolt, no falls.

The router is brand new. I buy it by Amazon one month ago

I wait for your quick contact.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Mario

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

So you're saying that within RUT240 works well but your PC cannot surf the internet?

In that case, I would recommend you to check your network adapter configuration if it's set to manual and another gateway is used.

In any case, you must set your network adapter to such settings:

IP of the device should be 192.168.1.100 (or anything else in DHCP server range)

Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0

Gateway: 192.168.1.1

And you can also set your primary DNS to 192.168.1.1.

EB.
by anonymous
Good morning

maybe my english is not enough good and I have not explained the problem properly.

I had just applied the hints you told me before this call, because I am a technician.

So I think it's better to explain again.

1) I can login into the router

2) the status shows that the SIM card is correctly connected and able to work

3) I connect the router using the wan port to my office internet link. It works very well

4) The failover is the mobile connection. I disconnect the wan cable and router stops working on the internet

5) The router has worked very well with non special setup for over a month, using the Wind3 SIM card

7) Nothing strange has happened: no thunderbolt, no fall, no sudden loss of power

8) I've installed the firmware last release. The problem is the same.

Simply, the router in mobile mode does not work anymore, regardless the internet service provider (TIM, Wind3, Vodafone)

I wait for your answer as soon as possible. It is also possible to call me at +393480176202. If you speak slowly, I can understand english

Thank you for your kindness

Mario
by anonymous
Hi,

Depending on your internet service provider - do you change Custom APN accordingly? Could you set mobile as your main WAN and see if you're able to get the connection and ping external networks like 8.8.8.8?

EB.
by anonymous
Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I did all you write. I thinked it can be a problem of that kind, but there were no instruction about a custom VPN

The router worked fine from the beginning over one month long, then stopped. I did no special setup. I inserted the SIM and left it in automatic mode: the router started working.

If I put the SIM in another router (or phone set as a hotspot), it runs very well. No setup is needed.

The router status says that the SIM is connected and exchanging packets, but the ping command inside the router has no answer.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Mario
by anonymous
Hi,

If it worked and you did not do anything special like updating the firmware which caused your device to not work - please consider returning this device and trying a new one, I believe it could be the hardware's fault.
by anonymous
Good morning

I have updated the firmware AFTER the malfunction and it have not solved the problem. I think the same about the hardware defect

What is the procedure to send it back? I bought it from Amazon.

Has the warranty to be done by Amazon?

Thanks again

Mario
by anonymous
Hi,

As amazon is really not the reseller of our products you might need to contact the person who's behind that amazon listing.

EB.
by anonymous
Thanks a lot

Have a nice day

Mario