FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
188 views 0 comments
by

Hi all, I had an encrypted serial-to-TCP-to-serial stream on a Raspberry Pi and am basically trying to replicate it with the Teltonika RUT955, which I've never used before. I think I have all the IPSec configurations correct in the Teltonika menu and here they are for reference (I feel confident the security settings, encryption, etc. are correct so not including them here):

Router #1

left=10.10.x.10

leftsubnet=10.x.29.0/24

right=x.x.x.x

rightsubnet=x.x.30.0/24

Router #2

left=10.10.x.11

leftsubnet=10.x.30.0/24

right=x.x.x.x

rightsubnet=x.x.29.0/24

Sorry if those IPs don't make sense, I am still very new at this. But the ones visible are the only ones that matter. They are going to a 3rd party server so the right is the same for both.

Now I start with the IPSec down but the PPPoE connected and need to create routes since otherwise the data will just go straight through the ethernet and not actually use the IPSec tunnel (when I WireShark I just see TCP packets not ESPs).

So I do the following commands in CLI for Router 1:

ip route delete default

ip route add x.x.x.x/32 dev pppoe-wan

ifconfig eth0:1 10.x.29.1/24 up

ip route add default via 10.x.29.1 dev eth0:1

ipsec up [name of ipsec]

You can probably infer what happens on Router 2, very similar just switching some IPs. After this the IPsec tunnel still isn't being used.

I know this is jumbled but it worked on my Raspberry Pi and I am struggling with the transition. I don't really understand the routes, just am copying what worked on the other machine, so there is definitely something I am missing here. The PPPoE also seems to be using a different program (?) so that is throwing me off too. Any leads are greatly appreciated, I am happy to post the outputs of anything that would be helpful. Thanks in advance for reading this mess.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Could you please confirm what IP address you have .

For the IP address identification please refer to this link .

I am sharing a simple guide for ipsec configurations .

Also it is highly recommended to upgrade your devices to the latest firmware.

Thank you.

Regards,

Ahmed