FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
715 views 3 comments
by anonymous

RUT955 with latest FW: RUT9XX_R_00.06.07.5

Usage: RUT955 as Wireless Access Point for multiple devices (iPad, iPhone, etc)

Setup: Main WAN = Wifi, Failover WAN = Mobile

Main WAN as Wireless Station Mode

This works when defining only 1 AP in Wireless Station Mode (scan in WAN menu, Join network, ...)

But, I would like to use multiple possible AP ... so, configuration done like described in RUT955 manual 'Network section - RUT955 Wireless - Wireless Station - Multiple Access Points' using the same parameters for every AP as when they are defined directly in the 'Wireless Station Mode' screen, (see above remark).

Unfortunately, no network appears in the 'Wireless Configuration - Wireless Station Mode' overview ... and no connection is made  (even with higher Scan Time - lower Blockng Time).

Even with only 1 AP defined ... it doesn't work.

What is wrong ? Do I need to do additional actions to start this functionality ? Are there any specific requirements at AP side ? ... ?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Thank you for this report of the issue.

During testing, I've found that wireless station mode with multiple access point works unstable and reported additional issues too to RnD.

I Will let you know if anything comes up.

EB.
by anonymous

Thanks, Looking forward for a new FW

by anonymous

Hi, 

I see a new firmware version for the RUT955: RUT9XX_R_00.06.07.7

Is the above issue solved in this new version ?

Thx, Johan

by anonymous
Hi,

Unfortunately, not yet.

Thank you for your patience.

EB.