FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,456 views 2 comments
by
I understand that TCP/UDP means little or none overhead and have been a traditional choice for GPS trackers.

Are there any plans to port Codec 8 / 8e to HTTP or WebSocket? If yes then when?

This would significantly simplify the development and hosting of server software.

Effectively reducing the entrance barrier.

Regards

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello.

Only very rarely we get requests/questions about it. In total over the last 1-2 years i recall probably 2-3 such requests.

None have gone into development.

So no, at the moment there are no plans to implement such.

Regards
by anonymous
What was done tho, is that we added AWS/azure support, MQTT protocol. I.e. more clients were asking for devices being able to transfer records to cloud.

This MQTT protocol support is still not in base FW versions (it is still being tested), but eventually it will appear in base FW versions aswell i believe.

Also TLS data encryption was added in some experimental versions. This is also going into base in the future.

Regards
by
Teltonika GPS devices with MQTT support will be awesome !