FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
514 views 9 comments
by anonymous
I cannot get IPv6 to work with my TRB140 (FW TRB1_R_00.02.05.2). Provider is Telekom.

I tried with both their IPv4/IPv6 APN (internet.telekom) and their IPv6-only APN (internet.v6.telekom). "Use builtin IPv6-management" is set to "on".

With APN internet.telekom, I get an IPv4 address on the mobile interface, but no IPv6 address

With APN internet.v6.telekom, the mobile interface just keeps restarting.

Using the SIM card in an Android phone, both APNs work as expected.

What can I do to further investigate this? I found only one question which could have been helpful, there a test firmware was mentioned, but further communication seems to have been done via PMs.

(I bought the TRB140 because I had read on the forum that the TRB and RUTX devices would support IPv6 as opposed to the RUT devices, which might not. This is the question where someone mentioned the IPv6 support for TRB and RUTX devices: https://community.teltonika-networks.com/24835/how-can-i-config-telekom-de-lte-ipv6-to-rut955)

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Could you post a link to that thread, I will investigate more and maybe I will be able to get that firmware for you too.

Best regards.
by anonymous

Hi,

You have mentioned that you tried to change APN's but nothing else. Have you tried to select this option in Network > Interfaces > mon1s1a1 > General setup:

by anonymous

I cannot find that option.

by anonymous
Hello,

I took that screenshot before on the RUTX device and assumed TRB1 should be the same. I have contacted our RnD department for more information on why this option is missing. Once I get a reply, will let you know more.
by anonymous
Any news from RnD?

Without any news on this, I'll probably have to return the device at the end of this week, as I have only 14 days to return the device to the seller. I asked the seller for an extension to be able to return the TRB140 at a later date but I have yet to hear back from them.
by anonymous
Good morning,

Right now TRB14X devices do not support IPv6, but I got information that full support will be implemented in the future firmware releases.

Regards.
by anonymous
Thank you for that information.

When will a firmware with full support for IPv6 be released? Within the next weeks or rather within the next months or even later than that?
by anonymous
Full IPv6 support for TRB14X should come out in Q3 of this year
by anonymous
Thanks. So no IPv6 for now, but at least I know where I'm at and can make a decision.