FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
391 views 7 comments
by anonymous
I have setup RS232 communications from RUT955 to another RUT955 using your guide at https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT955_RS232/RS485, this worked perfectly using firmware RUT9XX_R_00.06.06.1_WEBUI, the firmware that was on the RUT955 when delivered. I then updated the firmware to RUT9XX_R_00.06.07.4_WEBUI and no traffic is being passed using the same settings. I did check the save settings check box during upgrade with no luck, then I tried unchecking the box with no luck. Not sure if there is a new firewall or setting that I am missing not allowing the traffic to flow.

I have one router set to

RUT955 - 1

WAN: 172.16.10.10; LAN 192.168.1.1,

RUT955 - 2

WAN:172.16.10.11, LAN 192.168.5.1,

this worked no problem with the older firmware,

2 Answers

0 votes
by
I'm probably affected by the same Problem.

We use serial Connection thru VPN and after Update there is no longer usable Communication .
And even worse - the remote Routers can't be downgraded because settings (and with it, the VPN-Connection) would be lost.
by anonymous
Perfect, Glad I am not alone, I wonder if we can add a bug report, I was also thinking of upgrading to RUT9XX_R_00.06.07.5 to see if the issue persist. I really think there is a firewall or something blocking the flow of traffic that needs to be changed, it is now a default value.
by
I have a first contact with teltonika... they offered to look at my problem next week.
Update to 06.07.5 did not help in my case (nothing mentionend in changelog as well).
I keep this thread updated.
0 votes
by anonymous
Hi, sorry for the delay.

Which serial type are you using for these tests?

I've tested console and over IP, seems they're working as expected.

Did you have something blocking your connections in the firewall? Can you ping both hosts in both sides?
by anonymous

Hello, 

Some answers to your questions, 

I am using RS232 serial coms, I have a device that inputs and outputs RS232 serial communications, I am sending this data from one RUT955 to another, using the over IP setting. I am sending this data through an IPsec tunnel setup with WAN passthrough. It works perfect with the RUT9XX_R_00.06.06.1_WEBUI, then I update to the RUT9XX_R_00.06.07.4_WEBUI, using keep configuration settings with no luck. Not sure why, 

Can you explain the options at the bottom, whatthey represent, 

OC output vs Relay output, Output to indicate that application switched from client (default) to server state, what does this mean? more detail requested

Also, the output state, option of 0 or 1, what is this for. I know the description says 

Output state value after the application reverts to server mode.

, but what does this mean?

Thanks again in advance...

by
i use  Over-IP - Bidirect mode
here the Router is working as Client but does check the Server-Port in Background.
If there is an incoming connection, the Router switches to Server mode and indicate its State with the Output.
(with the option you select to use relay or transitor output, and 1/0 if if active high or active low operation)
-> Then the PLC stops sendig Data and starts a propietary protocoll for configuration, in my case.
by anonymous

Hi, I performed some tests and seems the issue appear from RUT9XX_R_00.06.07 version.

I tested without VPN connections, so it should be something related to the RS232 service itself.

I'll forward to responsible team and return with their feedback.

Regards.

by anonymous

So I upgraded the routers again with RUT9XX_R_00.06.07.4_WEBUI and selected the do not change settings during upgrade. The routers are now working properly, serial data is flowing through the IPsec tunnel from one router to another through the WAN port, but if I change anything in the serial or VPN webui, I have nothing but issues, seems like the routers lockup and it takes a reboot and reconfigure to get the routers to come backup. Happened twice now. I am trying to play with the OC output vs Relay output and the output state option of 0 or 1. I am still confused as to what these values are for. I was wondering if this can change the TX/RX of the serial data within the router and I do not have to use a NULL modem. 

So if anyone out here has a better understanding of these settings (OC/Relay output, or state option) or knows if I can change the TX/RX without using a NULL modem within the router, please respond, you guys are great and this community is awesome to have. Thanks in Advance

by anonymous
Hi,

Some tests here also were positive, in my case I didn't open ports or allowed to the expected interface. (In the botton you can check and select which interfaces can reach the RS485 connections).

Regarding to OC ouput/ Relay output, it can be used to get a logic output according to the device status. You can for example connect a light led to the relay output and monitor when it's working as Server or Client.

Any further doubt please let me know.

Regards.