FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
242 views 3 comments
by
Having run a Teltonika RUT955 for nearly two years, I have a very strange issue:

* Internet connection dropped whilst in use; device was registered and connected on the mobile network. I could see data heading out on to the WAN, but nothing coming back. Exactly the same after a device reboot.

* Suspecting an issue with the SIM/mobile network, I put a second SIM in the device, started configuring it up and as soon as I hit 'save' (i.e. before I swapped to the secondary SIM) SIM1 started working.

* When the device reboots, it drops back to the original position. Connected, registered, but no Internet connection. Changing the mobile settings (usually I toggle something for SIM2) restores the connection.

Has anybody seen this/got any suggestions before I flatten it and start again?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

I would like to ask you which firmware version your device is running right now? If it is not the latest RUT9XX_R_00.06.07.5, please upgrade your firmware and do not keep the previous router settings.

Also, I would like to ask what configuration changes you have already made after you insert the SIM card?

Regards.

by
Thanks. I am running RUT9XX_R_00.06.07.3. Interestingly, the Firmware page shows 'no access to server', even though the Internet is up and running (I have only ever seen this message when the mobile is disconnected for some reason). I will download the firmware file and upgrade that way.

When I inserted the second SIM card, I ticked the 'Auto APN' checkbox on SIM2 (but did not enable it). When the router reboots, I go to Mobile -> SIM2 and toggle Auto APN. As soon as I click 'Save' Internet access is enabled through SIM1.
by
To update on this, I have upgraded to the latest firmware (RUT9XX_R_00.06.07.5) and did not keep settings/reconfigured from scratch. The issue is exactly the same: on reboot, no Internet is available until I make a change that commits the configuration again. Is this likely to be a firmware issue that will be resolved? Thanks for your help.
by
I've worked out what is causing the issue. I noticed that an external ping started working as the qos configuration was being updated when I made the SIM config change. I had added Microsoft Teams ports (50020-50039, 50000-50019 and 50040-50059) as Priority to maintain quality whilst Netflix was being used in the house. Removing this config has resolved the issue. This configuration has always worked perfectly before though, so I suspect a bug has been introduced into recent firmware.