FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
564 views 6 comments
by anonymous

Hi guys

I have a TRB140 with the last firmware installed.

The modem is set to passthrough and connected direct to an OPNSense box.

After powerup, the modem working fine and I have a stable connection but doesn' last.

When I see that internet is down, I can see all the modem lights ON except for the network port.

I attached some picture

Can someone help me with this please?

3 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Could you try resetting your device and try the same configuration again?

If it appears again - is there a way for you to reach the WebUI maybe? Is the SIM inserted in TRB140 have Public IP?

EB.
by anonymous

Hi,

So what I did was:

1)go back to the firmware R_00.02.05.2  + hard reset

2)Setup to passthrough and connect it to my OPNSense box.

Internet connection was fine for just 24h, after I lost connection.

The light of the signal was ON but the network interface was acting really strange. Not as normal flashing.

I went into the OPNSense web GUI and notice that the WAN was reported disconnected.

See picture attached.

For making the TRB working again I power it OFF and ON again.

I don't undestand what is going on.....do I need change modem?

by anonymous
Is there any particular reason you're using passthrough? Could you please try using bridge and see if it is any different?

If it's working normally with the bridge, please go back to passthrough and send me your troubleshoot file once you have a disconnection.

EB.
0 votes
by anonymous
Hi  EB

How I can make sure that the troubleshoot file is recording and where to find it?

I will set it to BRIDGE and let you know

Thanks
by anonymous
Troubleshoot file collects logs from all the services and system events, so it records everything until the restart of the router, so make sure you don't restart the router before downloading the troubleshoot file. Also, it is possible to view the current configurations done in the router.

To download it go to System > Administration > Troubleshoot and click Download next to Troubleshoot file.

EB.
by anonymous

Hi EB

I just sent the file but I had already reboot it.

Not sure if is still good.

I also want share some pictures of the log:

by anonymous
Could you go back to the 02.06.1 version, enable Bridge mode, and then try to wait for it to disconnect? I see that this issue appears after a longer time - so be patient and try to catch the time when it disconnects. If it doesn't disconnect - download troubleshoot and send it again.

Current troubleshoot you've sent me will not tell me anything useful as it was downloaded after reboot.

EB.
0 votes
by anonymous
Just to be clear the firmware version that I had before was the 02.06.0

If I upgrade to the 02.06.1, do I also need do an hard reset of the modem?

Thanks
by anonymous
You can update with kept settings on, but I would suggest updating without keeping them, we will avoid misconfigurations this way.

EB.