FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,077 views 7 comments
by anonymous

Hello,

my RUT950 is equipped with an wired DSL (main) connection and an T-Mobile SIM (Failover) connection.
But i cant connect over the Main connection it switchs every time to failover sim connection.

I am currently not near the RUT950 and using Mobile network as access so i cant reset the device.
And the internet connection fully functional on the device 192.168.2.1

How can i connect over the wired port?

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
I was able to solve the problem. After I reset the device to factory settings, it also worked with the DSL connection.

A configuration error seems to have crept in after i changed the WAN from mobile to wired before...
Best answer
+1 vote
by anonymous
Hello,

Have you tried keeping the protocol as dhcp instead of static just for testing? Just in case the static IP you set is not leased by other device in the network.

Are you sure the following WAN IP address is not leased by the other device in your network ?

Was it working fine before?

You have remote access to the device?

Thank you.

Have a good day.

Regards,

Ahmed
by anonymous

Hello,

First I configured it as a DHCP client, but that didn't work either. The address is definitely not taken, I also tried several.

The router was configured as mobile from the start. Now a DSL connection has been added and I would like to use the mobile access as a FailOver. Unfortunately, I am currently not on site and only have mobile access. 

by anonymous

Hello,

Looks like you made some misconfigurations , better if you can reset and configure again. 

Is it possible to download a troubleshoot file for the device ? From System>Administration>Troubleshoot.

Or can you provide remote access for the device ?

Thank you. 

by anonymous
Thank you for answernig, ive send you the troubleshoot file
by anonymous

I configured it as a DHCP client, but that didn't work either. The address is definitely not taken, I also tried several.

by anonymous
Configured as an DHCP client it didnt work.

Configured  as static, ive tried several adresses, it didn't work either.

sorry for my english
by anonymous
Hello,

Will get back to you.
by anonymous
Hello,

Can we do a little remote session ?