FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
183 views 6 comments
by
Hi,

I have an RUT240 which is now not transmitting data.

Firmware RUT2XX_R_00.01.11.1

Device was working until the RMS credits expired 9/2/2021.

I can see the device in RMS, I have purchased more credits, though the ability to reboot is still greyed out in the options menu.

RMS is showing the device having signal though also showing the device is offline, no data session active.

A person on site reports the 2G/3G/4G LED is flashing slowly, there are three signal lights.

Thanks,

Steve

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

Have you tried:

• Updating the information about the device in RMS.
  • Rebooting the device manually and see if the option appears out of gray.
  • Unregistering and registering the device back in RMS.
  • In the RMS management disabling all the services on that device and enabling them again.
EB.

by

Hi EB,

Thank you for getting back to me, I have followed your suggestions as below;

-Updating the information about the device in RMS. - Nothing appears editable. Where can I update the information?

-Rebooting the device manually and see if the option appears out of gray. - Pressed reset button for <4 sec, other options remain greyed out in the RMS. Noted that the signal strength LEDs did not flash to indicate the reboot each time. Also sent a reboot SMS though still the RUT240 is offline.

-Unregistering and registering the device back in RMS. - I have done this.

In the RMS management disabling all the services on that device and enabling them again. - I have done this for all three of Service, Monitoring and Auto Extend. Upon re-enabling Service the message "Service re-enabled for device with serial number xx using an old valid credit" shows and the Service radio button is still greyed out.

Thanks,

Steve

by anonymous

It could be that your router needs to manually connect to RMS back again because, as you said, it's offline, so that's why it's all greyed out right now.

Once you get your device online on RMS, updating device information is easy. Just go to device details and find this button under the Actions.

EB.

by
After unregistering and re-registering the router, RMS is now showing the device as Not Activated and no signal. Before unregistering the router was showing Offline and -65dBm. Could the indicated signal strength when the router was offline in RMS been inaccurate, or a value that was "frozen" from when the router was last online?

I am unclear as to the cause of the router stopping working, which coincided with RMS credits expiring.

Are RMS credits required for the router to work (as well as an active SIM data plan)?
by anonymous
RMS credits are required to activate services on RMS, they don't have anything to do with the router working alone.

So you've expired a credit while trying to make it work and not you can't activate your device at all, is that what you're trying to say?

EB.
by
The 12 months of RMS credits expired on the day the router last had a data connection, so I thought the events were connected in some way. It was probably a week later that I looked more deeply into RMS, after buying more credits, to see why there was no data. I purchase 12 credits and have 11 now.

I still cannot re-register/activate the device via RMS. Would I have to do this locally to the router, ie check configuration/reconfigure the router?

Thanks,

Steve
by anonymous

If RMS still not reaching your router, I'm afraid you will have to check it locally then. Couple of things you might want to check when you will be looking at it locally:

• Fully restart the router.
  • Try manually clicking Connect in WebUI RMS sub-page.
  • Try executing this command in CLI: rm /etc/rms_mqtt/c* and then trying to connect.
  • Try resetting your router to default factory settings.
EB.