FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
290 views 3 comments
by
Hi all, i have a RUT955 .. In the last few days, i noticed that if the current date and time are wrong, both sending and receiving sms do not work .. In your experience, having the wrong date, could cause these problems?

Thanks to who will answer me!

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Could you please confirm what firmware are you currently using . 

I tested the same on latest firmware without setting any date or time/wrong time  . And it worked fine for me . 

I was able to read and send sms without any issues.

Thank you.

Regards,

Ahmed

by
Hi, thanks for the reply .. I am using the RUT9XX_R_00.06.07 firmware with a Thing Mobile sim .. But probably the problem is the Thing Mobile operator because with another sim the sms are sent despite having the wrong time
by anonymous
Hello,

Good to hear .

Also its highly recommended to keep your device firmware updated.

Thanks
0 votes
by
Hello,

Hope all are doing well.  I have the same or a very similar issue, so I didn't want to create a new thread.  I have an RUT955 that is working on the Verizon network in Ohio. (after a lot of effort from many folks).  

However, when I try to send a text to the device, I get no reply.  When I call the number from my cellphone I get a "Line is Busy."  My firmware is up to date.  My date/time is current.  My "Service Mode" is set to "Automatic."  I have "Whitelisted" my cellphone that I am calling and texting from.  (When I try to send a SMS text message from the device, it doesn't arrive and I get a Red "Timeout" Banner on the Page.)

When I check the "SMS/Call log file", it doesn't seem that the text is reaching the device at all.  Are there any settings that I should be looking at to try to get the SMS to work properly on this line (Or something specific I should be asking Verizon about this line?)  I used to get text messages on my other "Jetpak device" through Verizon.

Any insights would be really appreciated!

Thanks,

Mac
by
I am going to move my comment to become a new thread.

Mac