FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
262 views 2 comments
by
Hi,

We have two routers (RUT 950's) out in field which have been recently installed to sites with a 192.168.168.XXX IP range.

We are having trouble connecting to the web page for the router over the VPN although we can see devices on the network in the same range.

Seems an odd question but is there any issues using the above range?

Regards,

Stephen

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello.

Please tell me what version of firmware you are using, what VPN protocol and what subnet mask?

If your firmware version is not the latest you can update it here.

Best regards.

by
Hi,

The newest of the two is on R_00.06.06.1, they use Open VPN protocol & subnet mask is 255.255.255.0. We have other routers working on this firmware so i don't suspect it to be a firmware issue. The older one also worked at a previous site as well & all that was changed between the two was the IP of the router & the start/end address for the DCHP server.

I have done some testing since on a router the latest firmware (R_00.06.07.5) while not connected to any devices & haven't found any issues connecting over the VPN. Is it possible that something within the internal IT network that we are VPN in is blocking IP's or should the VPN be able to assign us an IP in the designated range regardless?

Regards,

Stephen
by anonymous
Hello.

I tested OpenVPN connection using static key and TLS certificates with 192.168.168.XXX/24 address range. In both cases, I was able to access the web-interface of the device. I think the issue is in your internal IT network. Can you provide your network topology and how do you get your public IP address (wired, mobile)?

FW: RUT9XX_R_00.06.07.5

Best regards.