FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
216 views 1 comments
by anonymous
Just bought a new RUTX12 and struggling to get it connected.  Trying to put in the APN...using AT&T.  There are some options listed, AT&T nextgenphone.....AT&T phone and AT&T WAP.  When I got an AT&T sim the suggested APN was broadband.  I have two other routers, a Mofi4500 and a ZBT WE826Q and using the sim in them I use broadband for the APN and they work fine.  Setting up the RUTX12 I turned off the auto APN and entered broadband in the custom box.  I am missing something because I am not connecting to the internet.  It shows broadband APN saved in the custom box so must be other problems. Going into mobile information it shows the sim is inserted and it shows the sim card number. Operator, Cell ID, connection type, signal strength and connected band are all N/A. Data connection state is "disconnected".    When I opened the box of the router upon arrival, I was surprised at the lack of step by step installation instructions, especially considering the price of the unit!

Any help is much appreciated......thanks

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
May be it because that the router doesnt supports the bands in your area. Check the bands in the wiki page.
Best answer
by
looks like you have the correct answer.  I bought the router on eBay, was a seller in Europe.  I asked them about the bands on the router and they told me it is the North America/US version with bands 2, 4, 5, 7, 12, 13, 25, 26, 29, 30, 66

I just logged into the router and went to bands....you hot it.  the available bands on my router are 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 32, 38, 40, 41

Those are the bands shown for the rest of the world.  So that explains it.  None of the bands on the router are available on my US AT&T sim card.  Now I have to get back with the seller and let them know they did NOT send me the U.S. version.

thanks much for your idea