FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
146 views 0 comments
by
To whom it may concern,

i am writing to raise a question. i have a RUT240 device and I would like the device to send an information from the network the data is fed and send it to for example a virtual server like an excel program on my laptop. how can i set this up ? I will really appreciate if you could possibly guide me through this.

My email address is: jalalmoosavifard@gmail.com

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

It could be many ways how to do this, but the easiest would be running a HTTP(S) or MQTT protocol server on your virtual server and then with Modbus TCP functionality query data from itself, which then you can send to the server using Modbus Data to Server functionality.

So set-up RUT240 as a slave and a master in Services > Modbus, set it to query itself, and then just configure Data to server.

The part where you convert data between your own virtual server is on you, there's nothing much RUT240 can help you after it sends data.

EB.
Best answer