FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
807 views 7 comments
by
Is it possible to configure the RUT240 to act as a Radius client. If so, which webUI screens should be used to perform this configuration?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Please try to visit the following :

https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT240_Hotspot#External_Radius

Thank you.

Have a good day.
Best answer
by
Hi Ahmed,

Many thanks for your answer. I realise now that I should have been more specific with the question. My apologies. I should have said, is there any way to have the RUT240 to act as a Radius client such that authentication of the admin account is controlled by the external Radius server?

I believe that authentication during the join of a hotspot would be different to authenticating as admin to manage the RUT240, please correct me if I am wrong. My eventual aim is to be using a number of RUT240's managing them remotely and using an external radius server to control access to them, if that is possible.

Thanks
by anonymous
Hello,

The configurations of separate accounts for admin and clients is on external sever not on Rut240.

The purpose of external server in our router is to use any third party services that is not controlled by us. So, it depends on the

external server you are using.

Thanks
by

Hi Ahmed,

Many thanks for that response. I am still a little hazy about the details. Answers to the following questions might help me resolve that.

1. So far I have only been able to change the local admin password through the normal web interface administration page. Which page would I go to to allow authentication for the local admin account to be controlled from an external server?
  2. When authentication of the local admin account is controlled from an external server, are you still able to manage that accounts password from the local web interface or does that stop?
Many thanks for any further help you can give, I do appreciate it.
by anonymous

Hello,

Answer to Q1:

As mentioned above , here you can configure external server, regarding the authentication everything is need to be configured on the external server itself. On Rut240 you can only configure external server , for the user authentication everything would be configured/controlled on the external server.

https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT240_Hotspot#External_Radius.

Q:2 When you are using an external server for the user authentication , you could not manage passwords for clients in Teltonika device when using external radius server? It would be done on external server.

Thank you

by
Hi Ahmed,

Thanks for answering me again, I am still struggling to understand however. Probably me and not you.

I believe that the External RADIUS part of the General tab in the Services | Hotspot configuration pages allows me to configure an external radius server which can be used to control clients access to the Hotspot Wifi and what those clients will be able to do. I think that is NOT the same as logging on to the web configuration pages for the RUT240. The password for logging in to the RUT240 is configured in the System | Administration page under the General tab. In fact, in my case WiFi is disabled and so no hotspot should be possible anyway.

Authentication on to the Hotspot allows a client access to the network, but to access the RUT240 pages they would still have to log on to the configuration pages using a separate authentication mechanism, the password for which is set in the System | Administration page under the General tab. Were I to enable external RADIUS authentication for the Hotspot pointing at an appropriate external server and then disable all WiFi I imagine that this RADIUS authentication mechanism would never be used.

It seems unlikely that the external RADIUS server settings for authentication on to the RUT240's configuration pages would be hidden within the Hotspot settings? Rather it would be in the System Administration pages if indeed it were possible. This is what leads me to believe that authentication into the RUT240 web configuration pages is not possible from an external RADIUS server.

Have I misunderstood any of the above, or got it wrong or made incorrect assumptions? Is so, please can you correct my misunderstanding?

Many thanks for putting up with the questioning and any help you can give.
by anonymous
Hello,

You are trying to access / control webui of the device with the help of any external radius server.

This option is not available in our device.  But we do have our RMS with the help of RMS you can control Teltonika device remotely .

https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RMS.

If there is anything unclear please feel free to ask.

Thank you.

Regards,

Ahmed
by
Hi Ahmed,

Thanks for all your answers and sticking with me. You have been most helpful and all my queries are now answered.

Kind regards

Mark