FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
198 views 2 comments
by
Just wondering if there is a way (whether it be through WebUI/Scripting/customizing firmware) to make it so that hotspot users only have to authenticate once, and after that the RUT240 will store their session template even after the router turns off and on? I realize that you can set the session template to "unlimited" but this gets reset upon power cycling the router; something that cannot be avoided given my application. If the router could somehow store/whitelist user accounts (not just their IPs, which could change) upon initial authentication, this would save users having to login multiple times daily.

1 Answer

+1 vote
by anonymous

Hello, 

There is a chance of doing this request of yours through SDK modification. Because the hotspot.db is currently stored in the tmp folder of the router where once restart it will reset to the defaults.

You can find the SDK for teltonika devices at this link: Software Development Kit - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)

I hope it helps.

Regards,
Mellow

by anonymous
Thanks for providing some direction. Is it ever mentioned where the user data (login or other) might be stored/queried other than just in hotspot.db after authentication? I've tried manually downloading and then re-uploading the hotspot.db file to the router after a power cycle but it still requires a re-authentication from the user...
by anonymous
Hello,

For this, it is related to the hotspot service coovachilli you can try to explore this service inside the SDK and check.

If you are not able to do it by yourself, it's best to contact your sales account manager for implementing this request of yours.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Mellow