FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
375 views 4 comments
by
Hello, we are using the RUT240 inside of a control enclosure where everything needs to be powered of a common 24VDC bus so I can use the 9V power adapter that came with the device. Cutting and stripping the cable is an option but it would be so much easier if there was a way to land wires on a terminal block that connected to a 4pin connector. I'm having a lot of issues with this and it might make me switch vendors. The power supply on this is the only weakness I see. It needs to be more flexible/standardize and that 4 pin thing is just not easy to work with. Anyway, can anyone recommend a way to power my RUT240 from a 24VDC? What kind of hardware/connectors can I use, where can I buy? I don't want to be crimping and making my own 4 pin connector.
by anonymous
I have a related question...
are there already all 4 wires in the "stock" cable which comes with the RUT 955 ?
I assume that 2 wires connect to the power terminals and the other two wires are  connected to the digital in and digital out lines

I am quite surprised at the inconsistency in the numbering and availability of the digital inputs
at the CLI level, the 4-pin digital input is called din1 and the digital input on the 10-pin connector is called din2

However in the web-juggler in WebUI configuration, it appears that din1 refers to the 10-pin digital in and the 4-pin digital in is not available

It would be beneficial for someone familiar with all the twists and turns to compile a table showing in which contexts which pins are available and what their name/label/tag is in that context

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello, 

We do have some alternative way to power the RUT240 in vehicles it's either using the said connectors below: 

4-way Power cable | Teltonika Networks (teltonika-networks.com)
Automotive Power Supply | Teltonika Networks (teltonika-networks.com)

I hope it helps

Regards,
Mellow

Best answer
by
Thank you, Mellow. I cannot find these from any USA distributors. Do you know if anyone is selling these in USA or Canada?
by anonymous

Hello, 

For these such cases, it is best to contact your sales manager or where you bought the router from and check with them. 

Also, we do have an office in Canada you may inquire about this thing from their side. 

Contacts | Teltonika Networks (teltonika-networks.com)
Regards,
Mellow

by
Ok I found some in the USA, thanks, at Streakwave Wireless.