FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
444 views 3 comments
by
I tried everything and red every article on Wiki but without any progress. I am trying to connect from outside with an OpenVPN client, but it seems TCP port 1194 does not respond. Then I tried to port forward a test port like port 80 and 443, but no response from outside also. I tried to allow remote access from outside, by 22 and 80/443 and that worked. I also created a PCAP trace file and there I could see my remote Telnet tries to access port 1194, 80 and 443 where seen but failed.

The only thing I found what was incorrect was my Mobile WAN was not marked as main WAN. But also after changing that, no results....

Can you help me why my port forwarding (or OpenVPN) is not working? Off course I have the troubleshoot and PCAP trace available.

Kind regards,

Mark

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello, 

The issue that you are having is maybe caused by your WAN IP Address. As you mentioned that WAN IP address that the router is having is different when you try googling whatsmyip. 

Kindly check this link for more information: Private and Public IP Addresses - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com) 

To determine what kind of IP address you are having the WAN IP of the router must be the same as the IP address result of icanhazip.com 

Let me know the results. 

Regards,
Jerome

by
Hi Jerome, tnx for your reply. But that's not the issue. I -can- ping my router from outside, I can see the incoming connections in a pcap trace. But I cant find out why all that traffic is denied. Even a simple port forwarding doesn't work. When I got that working, I can try OpenVPN, but for new let's keep it simple...

Grts, Mark
by anonymous
Hello,

Kindly send me a copy of your troubleshooting file.

It would be best to take the troubleshoot file after restarting the OpenVPN Service.

Regards,
Mellow
by anonymous

Hi Jerome, i have the same issue. Can you help me?