FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
165 views 2 comments
by anonymous

Hi,

I just bought a RUTX11 and noticed a "fly-out" menu (see screenshot below) that I cannot find documented in the GUI part of the user manual. 

I have two requests:

1. Add documentation of this feature to the user manual (or, if already covered, direct me to where to find information on what this is and how it can be used).
  2. The menu doen't contain any instructions when hovering the pointer over icons or labels. The rest of the GUI contains these excellent short pieces of information. It would be great if similar could be added to the menu.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

First of all, check what browser you're using. If it's chrome-based you should be able to see an arrow on the right side of the WebUI.

If it's still not there - make sure you have Advanced mode enabled in your WebUI and have the latest firmware version installed.

And you're right, there is no documentation for this pop-up, but I feel like it's not needed. Could you maybe explain what is not clear to you so I could explain it here?

EB.

Best answer
by anonymous

Hi,

Thanks for the quick answer. I do see the menu (hence the screenshot). What wasn't apparent (but is now after having played around) is that the icons at the top actually are shortcuts for toggling services, and that the cog wheel in the different sections are shortcuts to the settings pages. 

This handy feature merits, in my view, to be described in the manual. Once you know that it exists and how it works, the value of describing the feature (and adding mouse-over tool tips) diminishes ... but that can be said about all features. :-)

by anonymous
Thank you for your feedback. I'll see what can I do about this appearing in our manuals.

EB.