FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
284 views 5 comments
by
I have configured my RUTX11 2.4GHz WiFi both as an AP and client (or station). When the WiFi is connected to the client, the AP is locked to the client channel and everything works fine. On the other hand, if I power on the router in another location where the client WiFi is not available, the AP is simply not transmitting because it seems not able to assign a channel to the WiFi. Both AP and client interfaces are marked as 'Not associated'. If I disable the client interface, then the AP is back again on the 'Auto' channel.

This is strange because the same feature works perfecly on the RUT950.

Does anybody have an explanation please?

thanks in advance

PS. I am running firmware RUTX_R_00.02.06.1 on the RUTX11

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

This behavior is already known to us. Every time router is connected as a client, it locks itself to the client's wifi channel and the RUTX wifi module cannot work using 2 different channels at the same time. Once you disable the client mode, AP can instantly switch to another channel that is required to operate properly.

Regards.
by anonymous
Also, could you send your troubleshoot file to me via private message, once you have configured your RUTX to operate as station and AP when it works and one when it does not work once you get out of range?
by anonymous
Could you please have a look at the files I have sent you in PM?

Thanks
by anonymous
Hello,

Your query is not forgotten, I will pass troubleshoot file to our RnD team to investigate.

Regards.
by anonymous
Any news from the investigation?
by anonymous
Hi Davide,

Apologies for the late reply, I will look into your issue further and will try to get more information about the progress.

Best regards.