FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
422 views 5 comments
by anonymous
Does anyone know if it's possible to do DNS views on a RUTX11, that is, have some domain names resolve using a certain DNS server and other domain names resolve using a different DNS server?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Yes, this is possible. From the UI go to Network->DNS and in the DNS forwardings field add the domains you want to forward in the form /domain1/x.y.z.t/ use + to add more.

Best answer
by anonymous
Awesome, thanks for that!

Also, one more question, where do I set the default DNS server the device uses?
by anonymous
The default DNS should be given by the provider either mobile or WAN via DHCP, if you want to set it manually then go to Interfaces->(the interface you want to modify)->Advanced settings, untick "Use DNS advertised by peer" and fill "Use custom DNS servers" as appropriate. Are you sure you want to do that ?

Regards,
by anonymous
Ok so I did that and the router itself seems to be forwarding to those new dns servers (checked with nslookup), but the clients arent (when using nslookup on the clients they resolve using the router as the dns server like they should) but for some reason the router isnt actually using the new dns servers for the client. I can tell because the new dns servers are web titan dns filters. Any suggestions?
by anonymous
Nevermind! I figured it out, turns out I had a custom resolve file uploaded to it!
by anonymous
Anyway be sure to have both Rebind protection and Local Service Only set to off in Network->DNS.

Regards,