FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
751 views 5 comments
by
Router: RUT240

Firmware: RUT2XX_R_00.01.13.3

When WAN Internet is lost, the device will do a proper failover to the mobile interface.

When WAN Internet is restored, the device will remain to the mobile interface forever. The only way to switch back to the WAN interface is to change an option in the configuration of the WAN or the Mobile interface.

(Note: Only the Internet from the WAN is lost and then restored. The WAN itself - as a subnet - is working all the time. I am NOT removing the ethernet cable from the WAN interface to simulate Internet failure.)

Failover Options used:

WAN

Health monitor interval: 5 sec

Health monitor ICMP host(s): 8.8.4.4

Health monitor ICMP timeout: 2 sec.

Attempts before failover: 1

Attempts before recovery: 1

Mobile

Health monitor interval: Disabled

because I do not wish to check the mobile interface.

Even if I use the default options (10 sec, 8.8.4.4, 3 sec., 3, 3), it still does not switch back to the WAN interface.

Please advise
by
I would like to add that, when the router has failed over to the mobile interface there are only three (3) ways to switch back to the "Main WAN" interface (the wired wan interface):

1. Reset the router

2. Make a configuration change either on the wired WAN or Mobile interface

3. Unplug the UTP cable from the wired WAN interface and plug it again.

All of the above options were tested for debugging purposes and of course they are not considered as a solution to the problem.
by anonymous
Hi I noticed that the problem of NOT switching back from Mobile to Main WAN interface occurs if the time between failover and restore is too short.

For example,

You cut the Internet on the Main WAN interface.The router switches to Mobile immediately.

If you restore the Internet on the Main WAN interface too quickly (let's say, less than 1 min), the router NEVER switches back from mobile to main WAN.

If you wait 1 or more minutes and then restore the Internet to the Main WAN interface, the router switches back from mobile to main WAN.

I guess that this has to do with the script behind the failover/restore procedure that does not have the time to finish failover before starting restore. But this is just a guess.

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Could you share your main WAN configuration settings screen, or even better send a troubleshoot file to me via private message. You can download troubleshoot file by navigating System > Administration > Troubleshoot, press the download button near Troubleshoot section.

Regards.
by anonymous
Hello,

We seem to have the same issue. Would it help if I also send you my troubleshoot file?
by anonymous
Yes, it could be helpfull.
0 votes
by anonymous
Hello

Please, could you provide some help here? We once got it to work on firmware RUT2XX_T_F1741_00.01.13.19, but when I tried a new device, it still will not work.

This was a completely new device straight out of the box, but failover does not work. I've tried on 4 different devices now and I've tried firmware 1.13.1 - 1.13.19 - 1.13.3 and 1.14.

Sometimes I can get it to work with cable plugged in - when I unplug the cable, it will revert to mobile WAN, but when I insert the cable again, it will NOT switch back to wired wan despite the setting the wired as main wan.

Please help, we really, really need this to work. What should I trouble shoot?
by anonymous
Hello,

If I understand correctly, you have tested the firmware version that I have sent to you previously and it did not solve your issue.

Please send another troubleshoot file via private message from the router that does operate on test version firmware and also add one with the latest firmware.

Regards.