FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
454 views 3 comments
by anonymous
Hi, I've been testing Deco m5. Cheap modell which seems to reset when you release the power and if if cannot find the device again.(memory is erased when reboot.. maybe a faulty device, but several of same type did the same for me)

I've used Ubiquiti AC PRO with pfsense for years, and they are rock steady. 200days and still no problem, even though our ISP has been down some times..

Other suggestions which APs work better with RUT950 ? (or RUT-in-general)
by anonymous
I'm not a seller. This is stricly private. But I use Mikotik  aC PRO. There is a XL version too, but i have ordered but not testet.

I use this setup 2 places, run with 2 access points and one RUT950 with 1 simcard. Just works.

BUT-do not remote upgrade teltonika system, I recommend "been on site" before upgrade, In my case I upgraded and it broke. Spent hours degrading the system again...Huh.

1 Answer

+1 vote
by anonymous
Hi,

Unfortunately, we do not make dedicated AP's, only routers with WiFi creating and extending capabilities. If you want stable, fast WiFi - I would suggest trying our RUTX10 router if you're not interested in LTE features, in case of LTE requirement you would need RUTX11.

EB.
Best answer
by anonymous
Thank you for fast reply!
My needs are to setup RUT950 - as router with LTE features. This works perfectly.
My next goal is to have several IoT devices connect to the RUT950 and get an IP directly from RUT950 - and not get double-NATing which i'm getting through deco m5. (deco will be removed as soon as I get hands on more ubiquiti).

My question was, as you already have answered. If you have any Access Points you recommend, or any other people in here have experience with other devices that "works-very-well" with Teltonika devices. Please post, thank you again!
by
Teltonika should start making their own APs