FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
156 views 0 comments
by anonymous
Hello Teltonika Community!

I'm totally new to this area of technology, which gives my some troubles in basic functionality (i think).

I have a TRB245 which need to receive some commands, and then communicate with one of our devices by RS485.

As a start, can anyone help me, just sending and receiving message, eg with CLI?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello, 

For the question of yours, may I know what are you trying to achieve? Are you connecting a device to RS485 where you want to reach it remotely? If yes, may I know these details since it is running on a RS485 interface does the device supports TCP/IP protocols? For example what port it is using to communicate to a certain server or what port is the server using to communicate with the device. 

Let me know these details because as default when you want to reach the RS485 device connected to the TRB245 Over IP functionality is mostly used and if the device is running on Modbus TRB245 could also work as a Modbus Gateway. 

You can read more information at these links: 
TRB245 RS485 - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)
TRB245 RS485 - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)

I hope it helps

Regards,
Mellow