FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
486 views 11 comments
by
Hello,

what to do if options for RS232 and RS485 settings in Web GUI of TRB245 disappeard?

Thanks.

1 Answer

+1 vote
by anonymous
Hello,

Are you using the advanced or Basic menu? --> https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/TRB245_WebUI

If you're using the advanced menu and you can't reach the RS485 settings please restore your device to default settings and try again.

In case you can't solve the issue please let us know.

Regards.
by anonymous
I'm experiencing this aswell. After er factory reset, the TRB245 started to act a little weird.

- At first i couldn't open WEB UI due to Mobile interface missing

- Can't find RS485

- Can't upload Azure IoT Hub package
by anonymous

Hello,

- At first i couldn't open WEB UI due to Mobile interface missing

• Sometimes the upgrade break your LAN connection, so you need to clean the DHCP cache to get the new lease data.

- Can't find RS485

• Are you sure you're using the Advanced mode in your WebUI, to be easier for non-techincians, Teltonika provided a Basic and Adanced Menu. Probably you're not seeing due this feature. Please take a look to this link.
  • https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/TRB245_WebUI

Please let us know if you could solve the issue with these tips.
Regards.
by anonymous

- Can't find RS485

• Yep, Advanced mode is toggled. 
by anonymous
Hi,

Unfortunately, I don't have a TRB255 for testing purpose.

Nevertheless, I've tested in RUTX11 and TRB140 and both devices are working as expected.

Can you please upgrade the firmware via bootloader? Probably a corrupt file is affecting your device, in this way it should be a new "clean" FW.

https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/wikibase/index.php?title=TRB255_Device_Recovery_Options&mobileaction=toggle_view_desktop#Bootloader_menu

Please let me know if it solved the issue or not to try to find another solutions.

Regards.
by anonymous

I uploaded FW version - TRB2_R_00.02.06.1 via 192.168.1.1/index.html, but with the same result.

RS485 service menu still missing.

by anonymous
I don't know if this is of any relevance.

But i think the 2g, 3g and 4g LEDs where flashing when it all worked, now the signal LEDs is flashing?
by anonymous
Do you still have access to the WebUI?

It's a rare case and never heard about the RS485 menu missed, besides the customer was using the Basic menu instead the Advanced one.

Can you please send me your troubleshoot file? I can take a look to check if there's something wrong.

Regards.
by anonymous
I'm having this problem with 2 of my RUT955's. I'm using RUT9_R_00.07.01.4, the Advanced menu and can't see the rs232 and 485 menus.

There is no response from a rs485 device connected, modbus TCP master polling the device (which usually works perfectly) says "connect: Connection refused".

The input / output page is also missing the analogue pin options and statement. And any modbus message that includes AIN register doesn't work.

It seems like the serial and analogue hardware isn't connected or loading - so it's behaving like a RUT950.

Any suggestions?
by anonymous

Instances like this might be an indication of failed hardware.

Did these sections disappear after update to 7.1.4 or while using this firmware?

Could you try to reflash firmware via bootloader menu as instructed in this page to see if that solves the issue?

by anonymous

the sections disappeared while using the firmware, it was perfect for a couple of months after the previous update.

BTW I've had 2 x RUT955's lose analogue and serial capabilities from batch 102, yet 2 others from batch 102 are running perfectly on 07.02.07.

For the broken ones, I reflashed via bootloader menu, but noticed the page was for the old legacy firmwares - so updated to 06.09.2.

But now I can't see the menus for: serial ports, full inputs/outputs (no analogue, relay etc), GPS, etc.

It has also lost its serial number, product code etc data:

Do you think reflashing the bootloader would change anything? they are on 3.2.6 at the moment. If so, where can I download a bootloader to try?

Thanks

by anonymous
Hello,

One of the device's internal files got corrupted.

A remote session would be necessary to restore your devices. Could you send a serial number of your devices in a private message?

Best regards