FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
350 views 5 comments
by anonymous

Hello,

I want to forward SMS to eMail or to HTTP on a RUT955. With eMail the text is broken when there are special characters in it like german umlauts (äöüÄÖÜß), but it's still readable anyway. Unfortunately HTTP doesn't work at all with special characters, because the text needs to be formatted in UTF-8. There is an option "Encode message text to Base64" in the firmware, but the target service (Telegram API) doesn't speak Base64 but UTF-8 only.

To convert an example string like

"Jörg bäckt quasi zwei Haxenfüße vom Wildpony"

to UTF-8 inline this would look like

"J\u00f6rg b\u00e4ckt quasi zwei Haxenf\u00fc\u00dfe vom Wildpony"

Alternatively it could be encoded as "percent encoding" UTF-8 for URLs like:

"J%C3%B6rg%20b%C3%A4ckt%20quasi%20zwei%20Haxenf%C3%BC%C3%9Fe%20vom%20Wildpony%0A"

Both version would work.

Strangely enough it works flawless with french special characters or even russian messages. No errors at all. We've encountered the broken messages only with german special characters.

Is there any way to achieve this?

Thanks in advance,

Rex

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

Could you also tell me what firmware version are you using?

EB.
by anonymous
Hi. I am using firmware 06.07.

Rex
by anonymous
Thank you. I reported this to RnD and will let you know what they're thinking.

EB.
by anonymous
Hi,

What did RnD say to it?

Rex
by anonymous
Hi,

In 7.0 RUTOS version this issue should be fixed, please update your devices to the latest firmware available.

EB.
by anonymous
Hi,

7.0 doesn't work on the original RUT955, where we have several out in the field.

I updated to the latest FW version RUT9XX_R_00.06.08.6 but here it still won't work. Can you implement this change in the latest v6, too?

Thanks

Rex