FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
551 views 4 comments
by
Is it possible to use the 5GHz wireless network as access point and client at the same time?

I configured RUTX11 to connect have on 5GHz an AP and client interface (client to my home network which has internet), AP to get e.g. my iphone connected to RUTX11; both interfaces are running. In addition I added 2 GHz AP (running)

Now I only see 2 GHz AP in e.g. my iPhone and if I connect to 2GHz I am not able to open websites in the internet.

When I do the same on 2 GHz: AP and Client running as 2 GHz interface and an additional AP on 5 GHZ is running then I see both: 2GHz and 5 GHz AP in other devices like my iPhone and can connect to both and I can also open websites in the internet.

thx a lot

Norbert

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Thank your for reaching us.

I would like to ask what firmware you are currently using ?

Did you tried upgrading to the latest ?

https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUTX11_Firmware_Downloads

Let me know if upgrading the firmware fixes the issue.

Thanks

Regards,

Ahmed
by
I am using latest the device is offering me: RUTX_R_00.02.06.1 (2021-02-11 16:38:18) where I can see this issue.
by anonymous
Hello,

I will try to replicate this issue on my side.

Then will get back to you.

Thanks
by anonymous

Hello,

Could you share a troubleshoot file for the device in which you have configured 5Ghz client and its unable to provide internet access to the LAN devices . (The event must be logged in the troubleshoot file).

Configure the 5ghz client and try to keep device on for 10-15 minutes before downloading the troubleshooting file.

Troubleshoot file could be downloaded in System>Administration>Troubleshoot. 

I have tested it on my side and its not working on my side as well. After configuring 5Ghz client also check if device has internet from 5Ghz wireless WAN interface. You can check it in System>Administration>Troubleshoot>Diagnostics. 

Share troubleshoot file in DM and for DM you need to signup . 

Thank you.

+1 vote
by anonymous
It seems the problem is still unsolved: I've got the exact same error on 5 GHz Wifi (it works fine on 2,4 GHz). My firmware is up to date: RUTX_R_00.07.00

As several Google searches had said: there is may be a bug in the Wifi driver of OpenWRT: Client and access point mode at the same time on 5 GHz. Perhaps there is a solution today?

Thanks for your support
Jürg
by anonymous
I confirm that the same issue applies to the 7.03.3.

Regards,

Martin