FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
1,082 views 3 comments
by anonymous

I am working to build our RUT240 custom firmware. Mainly, we are required to set our custom setting values in uci configurations. 

To change the APN setting, I wrote the following path in the RUT SDK, but when the RUT240 booted up, the  /etc/config/network file was not changed from the default settings of RUT240.

./package/base-files/files/etc/config/network

How can I set our custom APN settings in RUT240 custom firmware with RUT2XX SDK ?

by anonymous
I'm experiencing the same issue with a custom APN.  Username and Passwords configured in the WebUI appear to populate /etc/config/simcard but it seems these are not being referenced by the connection.

If I configure the APN username and password in /etc/config/network under the PPP interface then my APN connection authenticates.

Looks to be a firmware bug.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello!

Information about APN stored not in "...network" folder, but in "./package/base-files/files/etc/config/simcard" folder.

BR

Alaiksandr

by anonymous

Yes, simcard file was updated after booted up with my custom firmware. There is my custom APN name in "simcard" file.

When I configured my custom APN with RUT240 WebUI, /etc/config/simcard file and also /etc/config/network file are updated. So, I copied both /etc/config/simarcd and /etc/config/network file in SDK. 

by anonymous

Really does only "./package/base-files/files/etc/config/simcard" connects to mobile network ?

I cannot connect to mobile network only with /etc/config/simcard setting.

In 2019, this Set APN via SMS answered "uci set network.ppp.apn='new_apn'" and "uci commit", "reboot".

It seems /etc/config/network is required to connect custom APN. Is it wrong ?