FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
403 views 3 comments
by anonymous

Hello Team;

I am using RUT240 Router for an application. I created a port forwarding rule to communicate with a PLC and its already done. Now i want to add some security features to make only a couple product can reach this PLC. ( such as smartphone and PCs etc. ). I was thinking to use "Source Mac Address" option to create a white list . After some unsuccessful test, i guess it does not related to Mac addresses of my products (I mean Smartphone, PCs )  !  Or am i making a mistake ? 

Do you have any suggestion for this kind application except VPN? My topology is exactly as follow

Thank in advance

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Could you try to reboot your device after configuring the Source MAC address (also, make sure that you enter the correct MAC addresses there) Could you try to test if specifying Source IP address works for you?

Do not forget to use the latest released firmware version on your RUT240: RUT2XX_R_00.01.13.3

Regards.
by anonymous

Thank you very much for your response. I upgraded to latest version and rebooted as you said. Also i added some Mac addresses and rebooted again. But unfortunately, I could not success still. I am sharing my settings.  I hope you can find my mistake. Thanks in advance.

by anonymous

Hi,

Could you try to specify Source IP address instead of MAC address. Also, move your port forward rule to the top of the page please.

Regards.

by anonymous
Hello;

As you mentioned, I moved my port forwarding rule to the top . ( saved and rebooted before test). But nothing changed.

Then i wrote my public IP address into Source IP address ( by google: What is my IP ). Results are;

* If Mac Addresses is still existing, it does not make any sense.

* if i delete all mac addresses, i can reach only with PCs which is connected via this Public IP.

Do you have any other suggestion ? If you wish, i can share my login passwords to check my configuration or you can connect my pc such as teamviewer etc.

Thank you for your support. I am looking forward to your answer.