FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+3 votes
3,920 views 16 comments
by anonymous
Greetings!
We want to use python to acquisition data from serial rs-485 and rs-232 and store it on sd card. Additionaly we want to install some extra soft as sqlite for example, so we need to use cd card cause of lack of internal memory. How can we solve this problems?
We would be grateful if you could help us.
by

@Dziugas

Are there any news about expanding memory using the built-in SD Card?

I understand it might take a lot of work to accomplish, but in my understanding it makes much more sense than using an USB flash drive, since it's securely placed inside the router!

Good work!

Regards,

Rafael Couto

by anonymous
If USB is the easiest way to add required memory - can this be added inside the enclosure so it cannot be accidentally removed or stolen..we are happy to do this modification ourselves.. however, it would be great to have an option to order extra memory direct from factory as extra-cost option..

4 Answers

+3 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

It's possible but not without heavy modification of the standard software. However, this is not the first time we've encountered this question so I made the suggestion to add this possibility to the standard firmware. It should be out by the end of February/beginning of March.
Best answer
by anonymous

Hi Dziugas,

sorry for bothering again.

i just noticed in the firmware that you linked in your first comment, there is a memory expansion item in the system menu,

since it can use an ext2 usb mass storage device that is the first inserted into USB. wouldnt it also make sense to be able to use an ext2 formatted SD Card with the built-in SDCardHolder?

since it always has the same device name and is kinda ... harder to remove?

Keep up the good work!

Best,

Henning 

by anonymous

Hi,

The new firmware is out. You can download it from here.

Regarding your question: expanding memory with an SD card is not yet supported. The firmware I linked to has memory expansion to USBMSD. Apparently, there's a lot of work to make the same function for SD cards. This feature will probably be in a future release, but I can't say when exactly.

by anonymous
thanks Dziugas,

i already saw it and compiled it with MIPS FPU Emulator support already ;)

i was asking in another question if this could be done with all the firmwares by default, but i think anonymouse did get me wrong.

anyway thanks for your answer!

you da man! :)

thanks
    Heiterkiter
by

@Dziugas

Are there any news about expanding memory using the built-in SD Card?

I understand it might take a lot of work to accomplish, but in my understanding it makes much more sense than using an USB flash drive, since it's securely placed inside the router!

Good work!

Regards,

Rafael Couto

by anonymous
would be awesome if you can add the SD-Card Flashmemory Function to Firmware
0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

is there any update about this functionality ?
by
Is there any current news about expanding storage using a MicroSD card in the internal slot?

Would be very interested, as I need storage expansion (which is done using an USB stick right now) and now the need for another USB connection came up.

Being able to use the microSD slot for storage expansion would safe us from having to integrate an USB hub just for this into our systems...

Christian
0 votes
by
I allow myself to pass on this message, apparently many of us have been waiting for this functionality.

Fabien
by anonymous
Yes please add function to extend Flashstorage on SD-Card
0 votes
by anonymous

I've discoverd that the newest firmware "RUT9_R_00.07.00" support this features. I expanded the Flash storage with one 32GB SD card successfully.