FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
326 views 2 comments
by
If i try to establish a WLAN-Connetcion to my Ubiquity Access Point via the "Wirleless Confoguration / Wireless Station Mode" - Menupoint, the Connection will not be built up. The WLAN-Sign is always grey and never turns blue. With other WLANs, i can establish a Connection without any Problems. Is this a known problem? Thansk for your help in advance

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

I just want to make sure, you want to run your Ubiquiti on station mode or you're trying to run RUT955 on station mode?

If you're trying to run RUT955 on station mode, make sure the Ubiquiti access point is not running the DHCP server on the same subnet as RUT955 is.

Check if they have different LAN IPs.

Check if both of the devices are running at the latest firmware available.

If after all these steps you fail to find the center of the issue - try resetting both of them and configure them step by step.

EB.
by
I want to run my Access-Point on station mode, but the wlan sign will always remain grey. they do run on different subnets (192.168.1.x and 10.10.0.x). Both do run at the latest firmware. it's quite strange.
by anonymous
Have you tried different routers maybe? I believe it could be something to do with DHCP server running.. I understand that "wlan sign" stays grey, but is there any logical explanation of what does it mean on that Ubiquiti device, were there any errors on it while connected? Does it count as connected anyways?

EB.
0 votes
by anonymous
I had the same problem. RUT955 could not connect to AP AC Pro and AP AC LR with the existing SSID.
With a cheap TP AccessPoint and to a Mobile Phone Hotspot it worked straight away.
 then I created a new WiFi network (Pasch Kfz) on just one access point in the standard, actually just kept clicking yes yes yes

2.4Ghz only, no 5Ghz, automatic channel, 40MHz bandwidth, WPA2

After that, all previously created client mode WiFi networks in RUT will be deleted.

Then Scan, WiFi Pasch Kfz selected and added. Waited a minute and the RUT was connected to the UniFi network, internet was running.