FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
259 views 0 comments
by

Hello, inhale a rut950 and already downgraded the firmware to RUT9XX_R_00.06.05.3 because I’ve read this here. But stil when the router loses connection to a mobile networking doesn’t automatically reconnect and ik have to reboot the system. After reboot it wil have connected again. 

3 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
How does it 'lose' the connection?
What are the timespans involved.. minutes, hours, days?
What network/bands are you on?
How far from the mobile tower?
Whats your signal strength?
Does your antenna have free line of sight or are there obstacles in the way? What? Where? (look up 'fresnel zone' to get an idea what is involved)
Is the RUT950 moving or stationary?
What antenna do you got?
Have you tried the 'keep alive' option in the mobile network settings?
How old is the RUT950? What firmware have you been running before downgrading?
0 votes
by anonymous

Hello, 

Regarding the issue you are having I would like to suggest to you to upgrade to the latest firmware via bootloader menu. 

RUT950 Device Recovery Options - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)
Note: All configuration will be erased using this method. 

Latest firmware can be downloaded from here: RUT950 Firmware Downloads - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)
Next is when the router is back up and you configured the settings (Setup Wizard). I would like to ask you to navigate to Status >  Network > Mobile in this page you will be able to see the detailed information of your Mobile network. 

The values that needs to be checked is RSRP, RSSI, SINR, and RSRQ then to check if it is an ideal value you can refer to this link for more information: Mobile Signal Strength Recommendations - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com) 

If the values is bad I would like you to try moving the device to a different location and make sure that both antenna is connected to the RUT950. 
Note: Both mobile antenna is necessary to be connected with the device to have the best signal reception. 

I hope it helps. 

Regards,
Mellow

0 votes
by anonymous
There may be an issue with your Mobile config.  I use the Services/Auto Reboot and set up the ping reboot.  This is not your answer but may help to keep it going.