FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
236 views 2 comments
by
Hi

I installed a RUT955, latest firmware. My connection speed is measured on different location, because it is a camper, not more than 16M/sec. This is critical for some of the videoconferences and therefore if I use my mobile, without roofantenna, the connection is all the time 3 times faster. I configured the device to 4G only. Do I have to configure something else?

BR Juerg

2 Answers

+2 votes
by anonymous
What bands does your local area use? Does your RUT955 have all of them or are some missing?
What type of antenna do you got for the RUT955? Directional or Omni?
Have you looked at the signal strength (antenna cable might be an issue)?
Simple test to see if cables are the issue would be to use the antennas that come with RUT955 and use those inside the camper.
What phone do you compare to?
by

Hi Nico, thanks for you reply, below the answers:

What bands does your local area use? Does your RUT955 have all of them or are some missing?

- Swisscom

What type of antenna do you got for the RUT955? Directional or Omni? 

- Robust Multifuntional 5 in 1 Ultra Wide band Omni Directional Puck

Have you looked at the signal strength (antenna cable might be an issue)?

- Signal Strenght is good -57dbm

Simple test to see if cables are the issue would be to use the antennas that come with RUT955 and use those inside the camper.

What phone do you compare to?

- Iphone X

BR Juerg
+3 votes
by anonymous
I have exactly the same issues (installed in a camper)
Aerial is a Poynting Puck 2 (https://www.solwise.co.uk/a-puck-2)
I have matched the LTE bands (band 7) across different devices, and I get download speeds of:
RUT955: 3-4mb/s
iPhone 13: 200+mb/s  (!!!)
Huawei B311: 40-50mb/s
I've followed the YouTube channel on speeding up your Teltonika routers, but I'm seriously disappointed with my RUT955!
by anonymous
I have exactly the same issue, very disappointed with speed of the router and also Teltonika support who don't provide any usable solutions.