FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
365 views 7 comments
by anonymous
Had the RUTX11 configured for wan Wi-Fi / 4G failover. Deleted the Wi-Fi client, as I needed to use another Wi-Fi for the wan connection.

The Wi-Fi client was removed from Network/Wireless. The Wi-Fi client (wwan)  was removed from Network/Interfaces. However it is not removed from Network/Failover. It cannot be removed.

If I make a new Wi-Fi client (wwan) it's running in Network/Wireless and Network/Interfaces, but it does not go online in Network/Failover.

How do I get the configuration corrected? Running latest firmware.

/Peter

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello, 

Could you try doing a bootloader menu firmware upgrade.

You can find information how to do it in this link: RUTX11 Device Recovery Options - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)
For the latest firmware you can find it here: RUTX11 Firmware Downloads - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)

Let me know the results.

Regards,
Mellow

by anonymous

Will this reset the router? I am already running the latest software.

What if I have a similar problem with one of our other routers running in different locations around the world, here I cannot do a bootloader menu firmware upgrade as I do not have physical access to the device, only access is using RMS.

/Peter

by anonymous
Hello Peter,

Yes, you need to have physical access to the RUTX11 to do the bootloader menu. If this occurs on the remote site it is best to try doing a backup of the fixed one and restoring it to the remote site.

I hope it helps.

Regards,
Mellow
by anonymous
Will it reset the router?
by anonymous
Hi Peter,

Doing device bootloader mode will reset the router to the factory default settings.

Regards,
Mellow
by anonymous
I understand that you cannot solve the problem, and only can instruct me on how to reset the router.

The routers firmware is sadly buggy, and this the 2nd time I've made configuration changes that only can be corrected with a reset.

If I reset a router on a remote customer site, I will loose access to it and it will become unusable.

/Peter
by anonymous

Hi Peter,

Kindly check this video file I have tested it: https://we.tl/t-immaEnWioY there are no issues experienced on my side. If you are not able to do a firmware upgrade via bootloader mode could you try doing a backup configuration (So that you can recover the configuration you set)  with the said router then re-flash the firmware of the RUTX11 via RMS without keeping the settings. 

You will not lose access to RUTX11 as long as the device on the remote side has internet connectivity since you are also having it on your RMS account. 

Let me know the results.

Regards,
Mellow

by anonymous
Hi,

the router is rock solid when running, and I've configured failover on 11 devices around the world without out any issues. But my own test device ended with inconsistent configuration that could not be removed. Doing to many changes in the failover configuration can result in this.

Made a backup, reset the router using the reset button. Router fine. Restored the backup, and the issue is also restored.

Reset the router again, an reconfigured it from scratch. It's fine now.

Regards Peter