FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
333 views 3 comments
by anonymous
I'm trying to use my RUT955 for access to my M2M network as well as general network access. 2 optional scenarios:

1. M2M sim in slot 1 with Ethernet connection to main network. I want to route all 10.*.*.* traffic via the mobile network using SIM1 and all other traffic via the main network over Ethernet.

2. M2M SIM in slot 1 and main data SIM in slot 2. I want to route all 10.*.*.* traffic via the mobile network using SIM1 and all other traffic via the mobile network using SIM2.

I'm pretty sure I should be able to achieve option 1 with static routing but not sure how.

Is option 2 possible - using two separate mobile networks for different IP ranges?

Any help gratefully received.

1 Answer

+1 vote
by anonymous

Hello,

If I understand correctly you want one IP from yours network to always go through Mobile interface, and the rest through Wired WAN? Or rest of the clients would use it like it is meant to be and go through any interface, depending on load?

Regarding your second option, it is not possible because RUT955 only has a single modem and both SIM cards cannot be active at the same time.

Regards.

Best answer
by anonymous
Close, I want anything in the 10.0.0.0/8 address range to go through the mobile interface and all other traffic to go through wired WAN. Would this be best done through static routes or editing the routing table, not sure how to do this on the RUT955.

It would have been nice to be able to do it through 2 mobile modems, thanks for explaining why that couldn't work.

Appreciate the help :)
by anonymous
Hello,

For your use case, you could use the Traffic rules feature in our firewall. More about it: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT955_Firewall#Traffic_Rules
by anonymous
Do you have any tutorials on using the traffic rules?

As far as I can see I need a forwarding rule but can't figure what the destination needs to be. If the destination is set for WAN zone, won't that use the default WAN route - my wired ethernet instead of mobile. I can't see anything which suggests an option for destination via mobile.